/// Az esemény regisztrációhoz kötött és az előadás nyelve angol /// The language of the discussion is English and registration is required ///
We invite you to join us for a discussion with Logan Strenchock from Zsámboki Biokert, who will share his experiences of maintaining an organic market garden in Hungary, working together with citizens to establish and sustain local food communities, and the challenges and opportunities within local food networks in in the region.
Interest in eating healthy, sustainable, locally produced food has grown in recent years in Hungary. New food communities interested in learning more about who produced their food and how have sprouted in Budapest and beyond, as citizens seek to develop a closer connection with food producers, and the origins of foods they cook and eat at home. Although organic and agro-ecolological inspired agriculture has been practiced for decades in Hungary, it still remains a relatively small part of overall food production and consumption. Even with a gradual increase in interest in consuming locally produced organic foods, farmers still face unique challenges when trying to survive from growing and selling their own food products directly.
The discussion will cover the following topics:
– short introduction of agriculture as an important climate issue
– and agroecology as a response at the local and global scale
– brief update on the situation of the agricultural sector in Hungary, along with the organic and agroecology movement
– an introduction of Zsamboki Biokert, and the challenges and opportunities associated with sustaining a small scale market garden in Hungary
– some optimistic and positive local examples of citizen movements and support communities working to support sustainable food chains and farmers
Following the lecture the participants will have the chance to take part in an interactive discussion.
Link for Registration and Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/experiences-from-the-ground-level-organic-market-gardening-in-hungary-tickets-56419366845?
/// A KÉK- Közösségi Kertek tagjai helyszínen vásárolhatnak 50% tagsági kedvezménnyel belépőt az előadásra ///
Register to our newsletter if you wish to attend similar future events at KÉK- Contemporary Architecture Centre and Közösségi Kertek: https://app.getresponse.com/site2/kozossegi_kertek?u=BX2Hi&webforms_id=12616803
A helyszín: KÉK – Kortárs Építészeti Központ / Contemporary Architecture Centre (Budapest 1111 Bartók Béla út 10-12.)